Alex insisted that he was going to school today too. So they are both in their backpacks infront of our house.
She picked out her own Hello Kitty backpack. She really wanted a High School Musical one, but I couldn't let that happen.
Sammy is in room #2 with Ms. Grace as her teacher.
George & I were able to stay and read her a few books. We actually get to read to her each day we drop her off. That is if we are on time.
Sammy & some of her classmates at the Flag Ceremony. After that was over it was time to say good-bye. She gave us both big hugs & kisses and then was the first one back in the classroom. I chocked back a few tears...was a great little girl I have!
7 comments:
I'm so not ready for this!
Way to go sAmmy. What a big girl!! She looks so cute on her first day of school. I'm sure it was hard to see her go Laura but you will most likely learn to enjoy it. I can't imagine the first day of school as a mother.
Laura,
This is such a big leap in motherhood! It is so fun to watch them go and learn and make friends...but very hard to send them out into the world!
I wish we could hang out with you and George again...we have all come such a long way since the early days of us all getting marries. Hopefully our paths will cross again soon now that I am closer in Colorado! Take care.
Love, Becca
P.S. Can you imagine having to send your kindergartner all day, every day? That was hard to do in Virginia...they are just so little!:)
Oh man! I just sent my oldest off to pre-school today and that was tough!
You were in my neck of the woods when you headed to West Yellowstone. Coming from Shelley I am sure you went through Rexburg and were only three miles from my house off the freeway! Beautiful Country isn't it?!?! Glad you had a great summer vacation! Next time you are in Shelley we should call Camilla and all get together!
Laura! Wandering through blog land and found you ... I cannot believe Sammy is already in kindergarten!! That is unreal. Anyways, I hope all is well in PA. Julia Wade (jonajulia.blogspot.com)
Wow! I cannot imagine that step yet! She is such a cutie and will do great in school. Poor Alex got left home. How are you feeling these days? I am running a 5K Saturday, wish you were here to run with me!
this is a great theing to see your family cindy and i are proud of mall of you lov cindy and george
Post a Comment