Wednesday, September 16, 2009

First Day of School

August 24th was the first day of school and the kids where excited! We had had a wonderful summer, but I was ready for the kids to go back to school.

Alex started Kindergarted! I can't believe my baby boy is big enough to go to school! Here is Florida they have all day kindergarten...6 hours...crazy! I miss having him around, but he loves to learn!

Sammy begged to cut her hair before school started. I decided to let her, because it at least makes her look younger. And I would love to keep her little forever. She is my big 2nd grader. She has already made tons of friends and found a few boys in class to have crushes on. :)

One of Alex and Samantha's favorite things about school is when they get to see each other in the halls! Knowing they have each other makes sending them to school a lot easier.

Alex saying good-bye to his dad on the first day. Thumbs up! Everything will be ok.

2 comments:

The Dille Family said...

Your kids are so cute! That's nice they have each other at school. I can't imagine sending two kids off to school, but I'm sure its a nice break for you. I love Sam's hair cut. I cut Berkley's yesterday the same way. It was so fun to see you here in Twin. Glad you made the trip!

The Hills said...

I just went through your vacation pics...what? No pictures of me??:):) It was fantastic to see you. I'm glad that you guys are doing good and can't wait to see you on the next 6 week vacation...you know you'll do it again. Enjoy the time off that your kids are in school...it makes me have even more fun with mine when they get home if I've absolutely loved the time when they are gone:) Maren