Sunday, October 16, 2011

Jucker Farm

On a Saturday afternoon we headed over to Jucker Farm. We made it just in time to watch the pumpkin races, but not soon enough to actually get a good enough seat. They carve enormous pumpkins out and then row them along a course in the lake. The roarers are dressed up in silly costumes. We saw Santa, a piece of cheese, a flower, a witch, etc. All the announcing was done in German, but it must have been funny because the crowd was laughing:) So I laughed along too.

They take pumpkins a make them into things. This is a Swiss cow.

Don't forget the guy blowing the horn thing. We also saw a house, Matterhorn, a Swiss army knife, & a few others I can't recall.

This wasn't Clara's best outing, so thank goodness for Ice cream. Some days it's the only thing that can make her happy.

The kids each picked out a small pumpkin to take home.

It had been a long afternoon...for all of us.

1 comment:

Marci said...

Poor Clara! I think she needs to come get spoiled on the other side of the lake for awhile!