Friday, October 5, 2012

Day trip #8 with Grandma Hobbs-Luzern

One last day trip with Grandma--Luzern.  We drove past it over and over again and finally we made it.  This time we road the train there.  Cuddling with grandma on the way there.
Old town bridge and those beautiful flowers!  We walked across the bridge and though the old town.  Some great shops where Grandma and myself had fun buying shoes:).
 Walking along the old town wall and up and down towers.  This time we could see the working of the old clock in one tower...amazing how it keeps with time using gravity & a pulley system.
 Bus ride to try to find the lion in the side of the mountain.  We passed our stop so had a few minutes to wait.  Sammy had actually understood the German announcement for our stop, but I didn't believe her.  Guess I need to trust her German over mine.  She is better at it then I am.
 The crying lion in the rock.  He is crying for all the Swiss soldiers who died defending the French king.
A great trip!

No comments: