Sunday, November 4, 2012

Flower Island, Germany

In September we headed for Mainau, Germany and Flower Island.  It was a great day and very beautiful.
Looking over Lake Constance before crossing the bridge to the island.
 A flower made out of flowers...cleaver.
 They have the most amazing playground.  The kids could have spent their whole time here.  We ate a nice picnic lunch and let them play a while.
Allison just loves slides!
 Sammy and Alex testing their balance.
 Our little spider monkey!  She is quite the good climber.
 Some kissing practice on the statue.
 I had the kids pick out their favorite flower and took their picture next to it.


 Lovely waterfall.
 The whole family crammed into this weird climbing robe thing.  I snuck out to take the picture.
 Ducks.
 Playing a little Tom Sawyer.  They even had to fight some kids off who wanted a water fight.  Sammy let them have it.  You go girl!


I have heard that the tulips are gorgeous here in the Spring so we will definitely be back!

2 comments:

Mike & Rachel Barton said...

I am loving all these posts! I'm living vicariously through you. How amazing to be able to see so many countries/places close to you.

Unknown said...

What fun times you are having! We miss & love you! Kristen