George had some work in London, so I we went a little early for some sight-seeing and alone time. It was amazing! I instantly fell in love with the wonderful city!
Day 1-Big Ben. You see it right when you walk out of the subway.
So beautiful!
After grabbing a quick sandwich for lunch and eating it in the park be headed Westminster Abbey. It was incredible to see the history of all the people/kings/queens buried or honored there. A wonderful visit! As you can see it got a little rainy, but that's to be expected. After all we are in London.
Parliament Building.
We quickly changed at our hotel and then went out for a fun dinner in China town and then to see Jersey Boys. It was a great show and even kept George awake!
Day 2
We started off with a look at Buckingham Palace! The Queen was even there, but of course we didn't get to see her.
The gate keeping all is onlookers out!
It started to rain so we headed inside to the Muse Museum. These carriages were incredible and such history behind them.
A visit to London wouldn't be complete without a red telephone book and the double-decker bus.
Shopping... I found my store! I wanted to buy something, but then I looked at the prices…us Hobbses have good taste!
London Bridge is falling down….my fair lady! We ate sugar coated almonds as we strolled across.
Tower Bridge from the London Bridge and George of course.
Tower Bridge!
We headed up for a fun tour of the bridge and then back down the other side in search of some fish and chips!
Amazing at night!
We found our fish and chips at last! They were delicious!
I think I enjoyed it more than George:).
Day 3
Our sweet hotel…London Bridge Hotel.
After wasting a morning trying to see the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace we made it back to the Tower of London and saw the crown jewels. Such an incredible place and those jewels are breath-taking!
We got to see a changing of the guard after all…at the Tower of London.
A happy, kid-free couple!
That night we met up with George's co-workers and had a nice dinner. Then I caught a taxi back to the airport while George stayed to work. It was an amazing weekend! Thanks to the Bergs for watching our kids!









No comments:
Post a Comment